Come, Thou Fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Play Kitchen

A year or two ago, a friend of mine gave me her old night stands.  They were a yellow wood color and I painted them black.  They were great.

But last week, I turned them into a play kitchen for Lilly!!!!! 


I found most of what I needed somewhere in my house!
My sister helped me a lot too!
She made these towels.

And she painted the window scene!!
She is amazing!  The kids LOVE this, especially since we just went to an island!!!

The burners are CDs that didn't work.  I used the back, glued them on rubber costers and colored the middle orange and red.  The knobs are old ones Pete had in the shop. I screwed them on just enough so that they can turn.   I had the rack and hooks for the pans and I made the shelf out of scrap wood.
  

I used the handles I already had.  The refrigerator door didn't line up quite right with the hinges I already had.  The kids don't mind and I didn't want to put any more effort or time into this!!
The sink is a pie pan from the $1 tree.
To completely finish it up I want to add baskets and I am looking for a faucet. 
Have an extra one?? :)

The grand total spent so far is $1!!!
The kids are enjoying it, and I really enjoyed putting it together!!

AND my sister and I are having a garage sale the first weekend of August (Fri/Sat).
I have already started setting stuff up for it!
Please put it on your calendar to come!!!!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH MY DAHLING!!! The kitchen is soooo fabulous!! EXCELLENT JOB!!
Also, i would love to come to the garage sale & buy the berry vine...is that what that is in the pic?!