Come, Thou Fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;

Sunday, July 22, 2012

How we celebrated the 4th

I am a bit behind here. . .

First, we went back to 1880 to celebrate the 4th.

Henry enjoyed simple games.

He also enjoyed learning woodworking skills.
Out of everything all day, he kept asking to come back in here.
 There were sack races.  When the whistle blew, the kids took off!

Except Lilly. 

Ben didn't win, but he stayed upright as he crossed the finish line!

And because know one knew us in 1880, my sister and I were willing to embarrass ourselves and participate in a sack race. (That is all I am saying about it!)

Then we went over to our friends house for a cookout and smoke.
 LOTS and LOTS of smoke!









I love the 4th of JULY!!! 
So thankful for American freedom!!

No comments: