Come, Thou Fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Bookshelf

This summer, the boys and I have plans to redo their room.
We are going to give it an explorer feel.
Here are some ideas I have gotten off of Pinterest.

This is what Peter wants to put above his bed.
I told him if he did that, I didn't think I could come into their room anymore. 
He said, "Okay, that's fine.  You don't have to come in."
Hmmm. . .

Anyway, we plan on spending as much time as we can at the pool this summer so we are getting a head start on projects for the room.

We bought new storage shelves for the basement and pulled this laminate one out.

I do not love (or even like) laminate furniture, but since we already had it, I used it.
I painted it black and added old maps my father-in-law had given me to the
back with modge podge. 
I just collected stuff from the boys that would fit with an explorer theme.
We still have some spots to fill but they have had fun filling it up so far! 




So hopefully, the only cost of the room change will be the paint (and the supplies for the giant spider)!

No comments: