Here is a video of the kids in front of the tree on Christmas morning.
(The goal was to get them to say Merry Christmas 2010. But as you watch, notice how they just all shouted out random numbers. Don't worry, I have this homeschooling thing down! ha!)
Before I took the tree down, I snapped some pictures of our newest ornaments.
My mother-in-law has carried on a tradition that she remembers her grandmother doing with her. At the end of our Christmas celebration everyone gets to pick one ornament off her tree to take home and put on their own tree. The kids love this (and so do I). This year we happened to be over at their house the week before Christmas. The kids began to plan what ornament they would pick. . .
Peter picked Larry from Veggie Tales.
Ben chose an old car.
And because the 3 superman ornaments we already had on our tree just weren't enough, Henry picked another one.
And sweet Lilly picked this glass pine cone.
Pete and I picked Brutus the Buckeye. O H - I O
Can't wait to see next year's choices!!! ( But please no more superman!!)
And on a New note, we had a wonderful time with friends ringing in the New Year!!!!
2 comments:
where's the photo of you giving Beth decorating advice and steve asking, "what's going on?"
I think I will look for a clearance superman or maybe spiderman to give grandma for her tree. I've been sending her clearance ornaments for her birthday! Hahaha!
Post a Comment