One part of the curriculum suggests that we read a book about a missionary as we study each continent. So each day, we set aside 20 minutes and curl up on the couch with warm blankets to read together.
So far the book that has had the greatest impact has been that of Nate Saint.

The story of the 5 missionary men who lost their lives while serving in Equador still captures attention. Even after over 50 years has gone by.
My boys were very taken with the life of Nate Saint.
I was in awe at how great God is.
For the weeks that we read the book, it was all the boys talked about.
I think it might be the greatest bit of school we accomplished this year.
One day after rest time, I went to get Ben. This was what he had worked on during those quiet hours.
Nate Saints airplane with a Waodoni Indian standing next to it.
The search plane that looked for the 5 missionary men in the jungle.
And I'm still not sure how I feel about this next part. I really am speechless. Still.
The 5 missionary men found floating dead in the water.
Search helicopter.
And here is Ben with his model of an MAF (mission aviation fellowship) airplane.
I think he has already started working on the application to join their team!
2 comments:
He is so gifted!!! I can't make things out of clay that look half as good!!! Awesome.
Love MFW!!!!!
Oh good, you posted!...I was almost getting worried about you...I know you are busy. Let's talk soon...
Wow, he is very talented, of course...with parents like you! I love hearing how God is working in his heart!
Post a Comment