Come, Thou Fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Plan

The kids and I had a discussion about "the plan" the other day.
Here's how it went. . .

Ben: I want to have kids when I get older.
Me: How many do you want?
Ben: Five. (thinking for a minute) Remember when we almost had 5?
Me: I can't believe you remember that. It was a year ago.
















(Ben holding baby Lydia - a friend's baby)

Ben: I will live on a farm.
















Me: Can I live down the lane? If I can, I will watch your kids all the time so you can take your wife out on a date! (I know this is total manipulation, but we are talking about future grandkids here!)
















Lilly: I will live by the horses on the farm.
















Henry: I will live by all the equipment.
















Me: What about you Peter? Do you want to live on the farm too?
Peter: I think I'll get my own place. (Said with a "you all are crazy" look on his face.)





















So there you have it! The master plan!! Now that I have written it down, I am holding them to it! Except for Peter, he can change his mind. . .

3 comments:

Pamela said...

That's a great plan, but are you sure you want to do all that babysitting?!

Unknown said...

This is funny Amy. Don't you love having conversations with the kids... they crack me up!

Anonymous said...

love the of Ben and Lydia!!