Come, Thou Fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas Decorating

We had a great Thanksgiving, 3 actually!
I didn't snap too many pictures of our celebrating. (I was too busy stuffing my face. I am not eating again until Christmas!!)

But, here are a few I did get.
*Henry as a clown.























Lilly chatting with my grandma.


















Ben eating a turkey leg for lunch.























And another one for dinner.



















And we ended it all with a family concert. (Earplugs optional).


















Yesterday it was 50 degrees outside. Which for me means only one thing: SPRAY PAINTING!!














I am working on a few Christmas projects, but for now I will show you some of what we have up.
Our stockings.































And I put Ben and Henry to the task of setting up the manger scene.
















I think they were a little over zealous in their attempt at "bow down and worship".
It looks like the wise men and shepherds are doing push ups.
And that Mary and Joseph are about to smother Jesus. . .
















Here is a look at what is on our Christmas tree.
We feel the more Superman's hanging, the better.





























John Deere tractor.
















Pete made this and it says Our First Christmas 2000.
















My favorite - the homemade ones.

















Pete and I bought this on our first vacation together.















Gingerbread Men. I think someone got hungry while decorating because one of the poor men is missing a leg. . .
















And nothing says Merry Christmas, like Grave Digger.

















Thankfully though, now that we have a girl, these pretty ornaments are starting to pop up.

















And this is my all time favorite. Pete and I bought this hand painted one on our honeymoon. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (that is me squealing). Everytime I hang it, my memories fly back to that perfect time. . .
















Here it is all lit up!!




























2 comments:

T said...

Ahh, yes, the classic Grave Digger. We have those types of ornaments too.

Unknown said...

Wow... you have quite the array!! So is that Grave Digger an actual ornament, or did you just get really creative??? :) I love your stockings!