One of the things I was anxious to do on the trip was to visit my school. Much has changed there. Much has stayed the same.
Let me show you. . .
The school was founded by D.L. Moody in 1886.
Going to school in downtown Chicago was amazing. Some of the Moody campus.
The Moody campus is outlined in yellow. The John Hancock is where the red star is and the blue circle is the beach we used to walk to. It was so fun to swim downtown!!! I often studied there ( yeah, right!).
Some of the friendships I made there, I consider as gifts. ( My friend Becky and I visiting her home in Wisconsin on a weekend trip.)
Returning to campus after the long summer break was filled with excitement that took your breath away! (with friends Dawn & Becky)
Our dorm rooms became our home.

And basketball was a time to work hard,
and enjoy road trips!!! Seriously, having your meals & hotels paid for was so cool!!
Being on campus and looking up to see the John Hancock tower is still a beautiful sight.
On the other side of campus you can look down the street to the Willis Tower (Sears).
The memories I have are nothing but sweet. Except this one. Dahling, I don't think I need to explain to you. But for everyone else, my roommate was leaving. . . sad sad.







2 comments:
Looks and sounds amazing! I'm so glad you have such wonderful memories. Thanks for sharing them with those of us who weren't there!
Oh what fun to look at these pics again!! I wish I had not had to transfer. I would love to have had more years as your roommate and laugh!! At least we can share in our lives now!! :)
Post a Comment