Welcome to Rome!
This year our curriculum is titled ROME TO THE REFORMATION.
On the night of our first day of school, we held our annual back to school dinner.
We set the stage for a feast in Ancient Rome.
Guards, a Senator, a Princess and an Emporer were present.
They were served by their humble (overworked) servant.
The Princess.
The Senator is listening to the needs of the people.
They are telling the legend of Romulus and Remus.
Uh oh, a guard left his helmet!!
Delicious wine!
The Senator said he would only have a sip so that he would not go crazy.
However, he drank many cups and went very crazy!
(In case anyone is worried, it was grape juice and the Senator goes crazy all the time anyway!)
A wonderful outdoor feast!!
The humble (overworked) servant with her beloved Princess.
After the dinner, we all took some time to write down our goals for the school year.
I wrote things like: live the gospel before my children, show them how much I love to be with them, teach them to work hard.
The kids wrote things like: get up and get started on school early, learn guitar, finish well, concentrate on reading, keep my room clean.
After we shared our goals, the Senator led us in chairot races
The back to school dinner is a lot of work every year. Sometimes, I fight the urge to just forget it. But I am always glad I didn't give up. The memories we are making together are worth the effort.
I am so thankful to have the opportunity.
2 comments:
That dinner looks so special and fun!!!! I have no doubt that these times together will be looked back upon by your kids as the coolest memories! So awesome that you do so much for them!!!
You my dear are amazing! You are really making learning fun for your kids and they will carry that with them forever. Great job!
Post a Comment