Come, Thou Fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Don't Worry

This is to my children, whom I love very much, and who had boundless energy today when I had none. . .
Hey kids,
don't worry about the stuff I found stuck to the columns in our dining room. It was cute, however, since I have only been able to put primer up there in the 7 years we have lived here, I'm pretty sure it will leave an oil stain. But don't worry about it. I will find time to paint. I am thinking of giving up sleep to get all the things done I never have time for.























Don't worry about the pink sand ground into the bedroom carpet. Especially don't worry about the fact that I spent an hour cleaning the room and had finished 5 minutes before the sand explosion. I will get out the vacuum, again. I was looking forward to taking a shower in the few spare minutes I had, but I have gone 3 days without one so one more is not a big deal.



















Don't worry about the huge mess of toys left all over the floor in the basement. I will clean it up. I do have PILES of clothes to put away and BASKETS of laundry waiting to get folded. But I have been thinking about throwing out our dressers and just living out of the baskets. We can start a new trend - clothes with wrinkles are IN!!























Don't worry about the mess on top of the mess on top of yesterdays mess.
The mess will keep, you my dear children will not. You are growing and changing at an alarming rate. So I want to savor every MESS you make. Before too long I will miss the mess, and YOU, don't worry!

4 comments:

Joannie Strange said...

OMG! This is sooo true!!! I feel the same way.

Unknown said...

Wrinkles are totally in... sleep IS overrated... and I think the 'Peter' on the column is totally artsy. Why paint?

Kelly said...

How are you so patient? I need to come sit with you for awhile so maybe it would rub off on me. I'm sure my girls would appreciate it.

Pamela said...

great post. These days with the kiddos are moving so quickly.