Come, Thou Fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Art Award

Last Fall, my husband entered an art contest. He got into the show AND he won an award.
The pictures were just sent to us. So I thought I would take the opportunity to tell you about the awards banquet.

We ate dinner at a Country Club.
We feasted on something expensive.
And enjoyed our table conversations that went something like this. . .

lady 1 Have you been to Spain to see Picasso?
lady 2 Yes, it is amazing!
me Sure, I went with the gang from 1 2 3 Sesame Street last Tuesday at noon.
Elmo has an interesting interpretation of Woman With A Blue Hat.













lady 1 What is your drink?
lady 2 Vineyard 29 Cabernet Sauvignon - white
me Kool-Aid - red

lady 1 We are going to Hong Kong in the Fall.
lady 2 You must eat at Yung Kee when you go. They have the best noodles.
me I like chicken and noodle soup.

Even though we were waaaaay out of or league, everyone was extremely nice and very forgiving at our lack of *ahem* culture.

So if I had to choose my favorite parts of the evening it would be 1. when the host asked if I was there for the student award (thank you very much!!!) 2. they asked if my husband and I were newly weds (must of been all that smooching we did!!) 3. My husband receiving his award!!!!!!!!

Here is the gang of winners. (Pete is in the top right corner.)















My husband receiving congratulations. Whew, he is handsome in that suit!!























I am already looking forward to next year!

3 comments:

Pamela said...

Congrat's, Pete. Thank you for my morning laugh, Amy!

Kelly said...

You are so funny! And I totally believe they thought you were a student! You haven't aged a day! (JEALOUS!!!) hehe

Anonymous said...

Great job Pete! Too funny Dahing!!!