Come, Thou Fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Homemade presents

This year there were just a few homemade gifts:
 
Ben made this Jesus out of clay for Grandma.
 
For the family gift for Pete's family, I made these dog pillows.
 
The fabric is a man's shirt. I made an outline of the dogs and cut it out of fleece.

(the back)
 
And towels with symbols from the area of Ohio they are from.

I also created other towels for friends and a few in the family.
 
 
My sister is setting up a sewing/craft room at her new house.
I made these giant buttons to go on her wall. (I printed the picture out).
 
Lilly sewed pillowcases for her brothers and Daddy.
She picked out the fabric for each of them and did most of the sewing by herself.
(She picked heart fabric for her Daddy so that while he sleeps on it, he will remember she loves him. Sweet!)

The big boys worked hard on gifts for their sister. 
 
Peter made a desk and benche for Lilly's American Girl. 
 
 He also made colored pencils in a canister.
I love this! He cut the top off of a kabob stick and used a sharpie to color it!
 
Ben made a mailbox for the doll. 
 
When Lilly opened it, she squeezed Ben so tight and said,
 "You are the best brother in the whole world!"

Our Henry is an active boy.  It is good to always have a paper and pen available.
I made him this notebook to take to church.



It was the right amount of homemade gifts this year.  Enough to be fun, but not too overwhelming!
 

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Wow! I am so impressed. I can't believe Lily made the pillowcases! The doll desk and mailbox look great.