As my first born is nearing the teen years, things are changing!
He is trying to find freedom. I am trying to let go.
He is figuring out who he is. I am trying to let him.
And then there's the fact that he is EXACTLY like me.
Put all of this together with homeschooling and being around each other all the time and the days are getting intense.
So we took time to just enjoy being around each other.
No chores.
No math.
Just fun.
It was AMAZING!
We laughed and talked and I taught him a little more about baseball.
And the best part of the night. . .
When he gave me a super tight hug and said, "Thanks for taking me mom. I had a great time."

me + heart = melted
1 comment:
that is so sweet, Amy! I'm glad you got to go on a date with Peter too! What a sweet time I'm sure you'll treasure forever!
Post a Comment