Come, Thou Fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;

Sunday, April 1, 2012

love

I have been eyeing this salvaged wood sign for awhile.
I love how simple it is.

I was working on another project in the garage on Saturday and saw some old wood.
I made my own.


It's not quite as big as the one I saw online.  The wood was already aged so I did nothing to it. 

It actually used to be our outside table.
Long story short.  A couple years ago I left the umbrella up on our glass table on a windy day. 
The wind came along and dumped the table and umbrella upside down.  Totally destroyed. 
We had this makeshift one for awhile but the frame was really too weak to hold it.
Okay, that turned out to be a long story!

I just cut the wood to the size I wanted and used salvaged lathe strips from the boys closet.
The whole thing took me about 10 minutes!  

And since our makeshift table is no more. . .
I found this one on the curb. 

I sanded and sanded and painted and stained and doused it with polyurathane (for outdoors).

I know it wasn't made for outdoor use, but I am hoping that I will get at least 2 years out of it.
Pete and I had a miscommunication with the umbrella post and we are looking for a new one. :)
Once we find a new one, we will drill a hole in the middle of the table. 
I am REALLY happy with it (esp. considering it was free)!!!!!!!!

My next project is to paint this headboard/footboard I found at the
Goodwill Outlet for $5 this weekend.
If it turns out well, I will show it.
If not, this is the only picture you will ever see! Ha! 

No comments: