My mom bought me a new sewing machine!!!
It is the first new sewing machine I have ever had!
I LOVE it!
Unfortunately, I have not been able to use it much. :( School, laundry, cleaning and such things have kept me from sitting down at it too much.
I did manage to get one little project done.
I made little bags to hang on my IKEA rod in the kitchen.
The machine has 70 stitches! Love it!
Among my list of sewing projects is this Rapunzel dress for Lilly.
Her birthday is only a few weeks away!!


4 comments:
I really, really like how your kitchen rod and loom pockets turned out!!! So pretty! It looks so great in your kitchen! I think it should stay that way for a long time! :) Your little baskets turned out so cute and I love how you contrasted the teal with the canvas on the bags, and added the stitch detail! Very fancy with your new machine!
You deserved a new machine so long ago!!!! So glad for how much you love it!!!!! Didn't realize you actually had a pattern for the rapunzel dress! Can't wait to see it! I know she'll love it!
I did not know you got a new machine!! That is so great and with all those stitches!!! Your baskets and stitches are so cute...great job!!! You are going to have soo much fun--when you have time, right?!! I have only used a couple of my stitches so far, but hopefully after painting and "baby", I will be able to sew again...I have some pillows I am excited to get to someday.
Awesome news on the new machine!!! Makes me giddy! Just a couple of "hints" on the Rapunzel dress....I did not do the grommets on the front for the ribbon lacing....just made small buttonholes which worked fine. Also, for the braid, I am going to do a new one that will be all one piece. I did not like how they suggested to do it. It did not hold up to vigorous playing by an almost four year old! I am sure you can figure it out.
Love you, Amy
I can do the grommets for you. I have gold ones already. I can probably do them faster than lining up button holes would take. Although, I'm sure Becky is right.
Post a Comment