Come, Thou Fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;

Friday, October 28, 2011

Letter to a Soldier

 My brother in law is currently serving in Afghanistan in the Army. 
These are the streets that he walks down.

This is where he lives.
 Hmmm. . . I'm pretty sure if that was my environment, I would get depressed and miss my family across the ocean, 7,000 miles away!
The kids love to write letters to their Uncle Steven.  It is so fun to see what they come up with.
The boys know he is in a war and felt it was appropriate to draw pictures depicting that.

 
I hope they were encouraging!  A picture with bombs sent to a soldier fighting in a war???!!!!
And of course, Lilly and Henry had to send one as well.


Yesterday, the big boys wrote another letter.  


And then we went on google satellitte and looked at where Uncle Steven is living.

We miss you!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Joy said...

Thank you so much for this loving blog! I love it! Wiping away the tears......only 5 more weeks until we get to see him! YEA!!!!!!!!!

Steven said...

Thanks so much Amy and thanks to all you kids. You make me feel very special and I love the cards and letters.
Actually the mountains here are quite spectacular, but being away from family is still very hard.