Come, Thou Fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Another Birthday

 It wouldn't be a normal month if we didn't go to at least 3 birthday parties!  At times it seems like a lot, but when I think about it, what a blessing.  To be so involved in lives of friends and family to celebrate and share with.  Our latest party was with my sister, Joy.  She turned 21!  Ha, no not really.  It's just that since I am older than her, the older she gets, the older I get! 


Our little baby Nathan is getting so big!


Ben made Joy a clay figure for a present.  She enjoys claymation movies, like Wallace & Gromit.  The kids love them too!  He made her Wallace.  It was so fun to see her face!  And Ben was so happy when she opened it. 


I made her a "shirred skirt".  I saw this idea on another blog and figured I would give it a try.
It turned out to be easy.  I bought an XXL men's cotton shirt at Goodwill and cut off the top.  Then I used regular thread on the top and elastic thread in the bobbin.  My sister is amazing with a sewing machine so I never like to give her anything that I make.  But this time I figured, if I messed it up she could fix it! And I borrowed her elastic thread to make it so I'm not really sure that I can count it as a present. ha ha

Here she is with it on.

And I made one for myself.

My mom made a great lunch and instead of cake, Joy wanted a peanut butter pie, which she made.  We are having so many birthdays that we are getting confused on who is suppose to do what!


And while we were all singing Happy Birthday, Henry blew out the candle!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOY!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just love skirts... I could live in them! Those are really cute! You've been busy! I love all of the fall decor - miss seeing you lately!!