Come, Thou Fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

THANKFUL

I am thankful for how God designed families.  For grandmas full of love, kindness, compassion, generosity, and unconditional acceptance.  I am thankful that my grandma was all these things and more.


I am thankful for thousands of happy memories.

I am thankful for the common every day times we shared,


and the grand ones.


I am thankful for hours spent on her front porch.


I am thankful for the love my grandma poured out on my own children.


I am thankful that 2 brothers were together when they received the news that their mother was
gone from this earth and in the splendor of heaven.


I am thankful that my grandma knew the Lord.
John 11: 25 And He said to her, " I am the resurrection and the life.  He who believes in me will live even though they die." 
During my last visit with her, love flowed.  She rested her head in my hand.  My children and I quoted scripture and sang hymns to her.  I am thankful.


And I am thankful for the time we had with family and friends, to mourn our loss and to rejoice in the gift that her life was to each one of us.


God is good and I am thankful..

3 comments:

Aylín Merck said...

I teared up when I read this. So thankful God has been so good to you! This is really encouraging...

The Beckster's Blog said...

Loved this Amy....I had the same kind of relationship with my mom's mom, and am SO looking forward to seeing her in heaven. I am so sorry for your loss of your precious Grandma, but am rejoicing she is Home!!!

Becky

Joy said...

wonderful job. im so glad she knew the Lord and that we shared so many good times with her growing up.