Come, Thou Fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;

Saturday, June 5, 2010

This and That

Look at this!!!























My sister made this dress for Lilly out of a woman's shirt!!! She. is. that. good.
This is her blog Joy2Sew
The little angel loves it! She says, "Aunt Joy made it for ME!!!!
























And I did a little furniture painting the other day. We have friends, who are missionaries coming home for a year. They needed to furnish a house!! We are putting a closet IN where our dresser currently sits so I am passing the dresser onto them. However, once I looked closer at the dresser I was mortified to think they would be putting it in their house! It was in bad shape!!

BEFORE:


















(disclaimer: I know the orange is HORRID. A paint choice gone very very wrong).

AFTER:















































Now it is freshened up ready for its new home!!
(I am missing one drawer pull - but I was anxious to take pictures!)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Looks brand new!!! Love it. I need to do that to Ava's dresser but you know me and motivation. hehe Of course it is 98 degrees here which does not make working outside w/o water much fun!!!

Joy said...

I love how it turned out! You made a very unattractive dresser look like it could be featured in a pottery barn magazine! I know the people will be very blessed indeed!

Jenna said...

Love it, Amy! I am wanting to do this to some of our furniture... can you tell me how you did it??? Thanks!

Jenna Orme