Matthew 28:5-8
The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid; for I know that you are looking for Jesus who has been crucified. He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said. Come, see the place where He was lying. Go quickly and tell His disciples that He has risen from the dead; and behold, He is going ahead of you into Galilee, there you will see Him; behold, I have told you." And they left the tomb quickly with fear and great joy and ran to report it to His disciples.
Sunday morning:
"All this candy is mine??"
"Yes, but remember the real reason we celebrate Easter."
"We know mom!" "All this candy is ours?!!"
"cough, cough"
"I can't find my shoes!"
"Your hair is plastered down in the front and sticking up in the back."
"That is how I like it."
"I can't find my shoes!"
"cough"
"Tuck in your shirt."
"Why do I have to tuck it in?"
"cough, cough, cough"
"So you will look nice"
"Aww, man."
"cough, cough, cough, cough"
Well, everyone eventually found their shoes, tucked in their shirts, but kept on coughing. . .
So only Peter and I went to church.
Easter Sunday is a pretty big event in my family so it was hard to miss it.
The 6 of us had a nice lunch and then Pete read from Matthew.

No comments:
Post a Comment