Today, our amazing son, turns 8.
The road we have traveled together in these few short years have been full of laughter, tears, joy, frustration, excitement, grace, patience and learning.
I am blessed.
On this day, I love him more than I did the day he was born, more than even yesterday.
Here were Pete's words of blessing to Henry at the beginning of this new year, fitting for a birthday.
A new year of life.
Henry - your energy and outgoing personality bring a lot of excitement to our family - a lot of laughter, too! Mom and I have watched you grow up this year. You've really matured. I pray that you'd continue that this year. You watch people closely and see when they are angry or have hurt feelings. I pray that God would show you your need for His loving salvation. When you do submit to Him, He will help you to treat others with the love of God. To treat others like they are more important than you are.
Henry, you also remind me of the apostle Peter. He was outspoken (maybe even loud!), telling everyone exactly what he was thinking. One day Jesus called Peter away from his fishing boat, taught him, and Peter was never the same. He became an incredible leader of men, led by Jesus' Spirit. God can teach you to be a great leader too!
Matthew 4:18-20; 26:69-75 Acts 2:14-47 Luke 6:27-38
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HENRY!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment