Come, Thou Fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;

Friday, July 12, 2013

Best Summer Ever.

I have gotten asked a lot lately how my summer is going.
 
It has honestly been the best summer I have had in a VERY long time. Like before kids long.
 
I think it is the first summer I haven't been so run down that I could just sit and enjoy the kids.
 
My kids are older so that helps a ton! No more babies to chase after!
 
But I also think I have finally learned to sit down.
Rest.
Relax.
 
Our days don't have to be busy to be good.
  
I have gotten a lot of house projects done but I don't feel ruled by them.
If they don't get done, they will still be there next summer.  :)

And remembering how far we have come. . .

BEFORE:

THIS SUMMER:
 
 helps quite a bit!!
 
Pete has been SUPER busy and I feel like my slow pace has helped him to find rest when he finally comes in at the wee hours of the night from his studio.
(His latest finished painting. A commissioned piece for a 2 star General in the Air Force.) 
 
 I really don't have a ton of pictures to document our summer days.
(Lilly and her friend)
 
Just sitting reading, playing with clay, riding scooters & bikes and of course, going to the pool.
(Ben went fishing with my dad and caught this HUGE catfish!)
 
I have been doing my annual summer canning.  It is hard work but I am learning to enjoy it. Like the benefits of working hard now and enjoying the yummy stores on cold winter days to come.
 
 
I am treasuring this summer of rest the Lord has blessed me with this year!


No comments: