Last week we spent a couple of days out on field trips.
The first one was at the Air Force Museum.
They have classes for the kids on different aviation topics.
How cool is it to do a class under all those airplanes!!!
Henry made a math paper for Peter.
Peter was excited -
| It says "he has ten candy bars and two away how many candy bars did he have" |
I am teaching Lilly to sew.
She is making a ballerina skirt.
On Friday, I took the big boys to go see the Dead Sea Scrolls on display in Cincinnati.
It was AMAZING! Seeing the Word of God written on actual papyrus from so long ago brought tears to my eyes.
Unfortunately, the big boys didn't think it was quite so cool!
I kept saying things like "Look at that! We just studied the Ottoman Empire!"
And them saying things like, "How far does this exhibit go?"
And about 10 minutes into the exhibit Ben must of really felt like he was in a dry desert land because he had. to. have. water.
But of course, there is no way out except for a mile down the exhibit hall and then a mile back in to where we left off.
By the end of it, the other moms and I were joking that one day we can tell our kids,
"Remember when you sat on a bench and watched us look at the Dead Sea Scrolls?" Ha!
They did endure it and were VERY happy to have some play time with their pals!
In Science we learned about Mars.
The largest Volcano in our Solar System is on Mars.
So the boys made their own Mt. Olympus.
School can be fun!
As long as there are no 2,000 year old scrolls involved! :)
1 comment:
So cute!!!! I enjoyed reading that!!! Esp learning that lilly is sewing now! Eeeeee!
Post a Comment