I was scrolling through Pinterest the other day and this little saying stopped me.
And I thought, how often do I?
Little things happen all around me, all day long and I am often too busy to notice.
My nature is to be busy. If I am not doing 3 things at once, I am not doing enough.
Sometimes this is nice. Like since I have 4 kids, homeschool, garden, clean, etc.
But I think that most of the time it clouds my view of what is really important.
The Lord has given me much.
So I took time to do only 1 thing. . .
enjoy the little things.
Henry hanging 10 pictures in random places all over the house.
Cooking dinner with my sweet angel.
Having my oldest son cry on my shoulder after his best friend moved far away.
Having a little girl in the house to curl hair, play make-up and squeal with!
Birthday parties with family.
Hanging laundry on the line.
Simple play.
A husband who works hard, often with a kid by his side.
A homeschool room to get ready.
Family close by.
Soccer practice 2x a week and a game on another day.
Seeing this guy in a bowtie !
12 years of marriage.
All of these little things turn out to be pretty great!
I am determined to spend this next year noticing as many as I can.

1 comment:
love this post. Glad you are taking the time to be still and notice all the small things....even the beauty of your newly painted bathroom being done. For us, there will probably always be something else we want to do, to accomplish, to learn, to redecorate, to make. But, I love just stopping it all too to just enjoy....even in the midst of the mess I have made. Such a joy for me to be your sister and share all of these things with you!
P.S. I love Ben's glasses!
Post a Comment