My grandma passed away today. My heart is heavy. I loved her so much.
For the last week we have known it was coming soon. Yesterday, I packed up
the kids and we headed out to spend the day together. It could be argued that I already
spend a lot of time with my kids. I do. But, a lot of that time is cleaning, cooking, school, etc.
while they are near me. I love this. I am glad they are near me in the everyday things, but sometimes
there needs to be more. So we took off from the everyday things, that would still be waiting when we got
home, and we "redeemed the time" together. It was wonderful and restful (even when Lilly had a meltdown.)
There were no expectations other than to enjoy.
A friend of mine recently said to me, "When someone dies, it is always a reminder to me to live life to the fullest."
Jonathan Edwards had a list of resolutions. Number 6 was: to live with all my might, while I do live.
And number 5 was: Never to loose one moment of time, but to improve it in the most profitable way I possibly can.
Does that mean we work hard and are kind to others and enjoy all things around us? Is that "redeeming the time"? Sure, of course, those things are great points to live by. BUT, what about Colossians 3:17 Whatever you do in word or deed do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father.
| (Look closely) |
I tell my children often, only when you are following the Lord will you be happy. Redeem the time. Make the most of each day He has given you. Serve Him. Glorify Him. Praise Him.
My time with the kids was sweet. The boys ran ahead to find adventure.
I hung back and held my little girl's hand.
And the only thing that would of made the day even better would of been if I had
brought my own laundry!!!
6 comments:
Amy, so sorry to hear about your grandma. Will pray for your family. <3
Amy, will pray for you today. Thanks for the encouraging post.
Sorry for your loss but I love the way you spent the day! It's so easy to get caught up in the everyday stuff. Sometimes you just need to stop and enjoy the life God has given us! Peace to you!
where did you spend that day? It looks beautiful! So sorry about your grandma... but thankful you were close to her and had time to be with her. Miss you!
Amy, I've been a little behind in reading blogs lately (for obvious reasons). I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. What a beautiful way to celebrate her life- by building into your children's lives! They will remember that day for a long time.
This was encouraging Amy. Thank you so much for sharing!
Post a Comment