Why, you ask????
My mom takes the kids! All 4. From 9am - 7:30pm. EVERY Monday.
I know, I am VERY blessed.
So here's a glimpse of what I do. . .
This past Monday, I helped a friend of mine move.
It was cold and there was a lot of snow! Despite that, I had a great day and enjoyed being with her and her family.
But the Monday before that, I worked and worked.
After dropping the kids off, I went on a few errands and I found these cute shirts for Lilly for $1.75 each!!
Once I made it home, I started on some Christmas presents. Henry loves Robin but I did not want to spend the time or money on making or buying a costume. So I bought a red t-shirt for $1.60 and took apart a costume I had made when Henry was 14 months old.
It only took about 10 minutes.
I can't wait to see his face when he opens it!!!
Another present I am making is a castle for the Angel. One of my stops was to Lowe's to buy PVC pipe.
I found a new queen duvet at Goodwill for $6 and sewed it together to fit over the pvc. I am adding a few more details to make it really special. (This will probably be something I am finishing Christmas Eve so I will show the finished product after Christmas.)
The next projects I worked on were for Lilly's room.
A friend gave us this bed last Spring. It was her son's and needed a little bit of TLC to make it look fit for an Angel.
I painted it and added a new piece. Then I sanded.
I also took off the foot board. She has a small room and the foot board just made it feel crowded.
I also painted her dresser pure white. I got this one at a garage sale for $20 about 6 years ago and it has been many colors! I think we will stick with white now!
And my last thing in Lilly's room for that particular Monday was the chest.
It came from my Grandma. It was wood when I brought it home several years ago but got damaged. I painted it and then sanded down the edges. I still can't believe I painted over something this old, but it really did look bad.
And this is how this area usually looks. . . princess dress hanging up and Brutus guarding things.
But, here is a view all cleaned up.
So even though a lot of work goes on during my Mondays, it is quiet work. . .
1 comment:
Your mom is a blessing Amy. And what wonderful memories your kids will have of her. How fun to pick out things to do each Monday... whether at home or with someone else!! I'm happy for you!!
Post a Comment