Come, Thou Fount of every blessing, Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Free Time

What do children who are homeschooled, allowed NO video games, very limited computer time, no TV and can watch 1 movie per week that is dated pre-1975 do in their free time?????

Use their imaginations!!!

Ben - Revolutionary War soldiers with a bugle and guns.


















Peter - Animals escaped from the zoo ( reindeer, jaguar, elephant)














Peter - alien coming to earth























Peter - dune buggies for sale!!!


















Peter - "weeeeeeeeeee! I love to go for rides on this 4 wheeler!!!"


















Ben - " this airplane is going to take a lot of work before it's ready to fly again."


















Peter - "Just hold still while we get your parka buckled tight. It is cold out there on the Alaskan tundra. That guy over there is getting your raft blown up."


















Ben - "This plane is broken. She will never fly again."


















Peter - Henry's excavator


















Peter - "This dinosaur skeleton is like putting a puzzle together."



















The phrase "I am bored" is never allowed at our house. The only reason you are bored is because you are choosing not to use your mind.

P.S. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the person that invented modeling clay!!!

2 comments:

T said...

The broken plane looks like Dan's - ha! We also have very imaginative children, mostly thanks to no TV (very very limited via the internet only). Yipee for real play, although as a sometimes single parent, I make absolutely no judgements on other parenting styles. Life circumstances are often more difficult than mine.

Pamela said...

I remember when I "accidentally" called the modeling clay, "Play-doh." I was quickly corrected! Glad you kiddos have so much fun with it.